5.10.2008

FACT

Fact: Being on the plane for 6 hours without an iPod is miserable.
Sad fact: Miley Cyrus was playing on repeat in my head for the entirety of the flight.
Sadder fact: I only knew half of the chorus.
Cute fact: I'm seeing Miley Cyrus tomorrow (along with Jonas Brothers, Flo Rida and Snoop Dogg) with my sister. She's 10. It's cute that we're going together.
Random Fact: My luggage was over 50 lbs.

Fact: I'm home.
Nostalgic fact: I'm going to miss freshman year and all the seniors who are leaving, the sophomores who are studying abroad, and the friends i won't see for four months.

Fact: Myrtle was so much fun.
Sad fact: I had too much fun at Spanish Gallion.
Sadder fact: Probably danced to Miley Cyrus one too many times at Myrtle.
Everyone knows this fact: The beach is amazing. Sunshine = happiness.
Depressing fact: it was the last big get together of the year.

Reality check fact: I'm uptight. Grades nauseate me.

What I'll miss most about freshman year...
Late night walks around East.
Complaining about the Marketplace.
Walking down the hall and hanging out with friends.
Studying in Blackwell, because GA wasn't nice enough to have study rooms.
Doing the soulja boy at parties.
Cliquing and being pretentious with recess (and by pretentious, I mean fabulous)
Wendy's.
Cosmic run at 2 am.
Napping on the GA bench.
Sleeping over in K-Ville.
Caribou. Regina. OK Go.
Singing Bob Marley across the quad.
Dancing like no one's watching.
Twisting my ankle from doing the two-step.
Coffee from Trinity.
Waking up with friends, going to class with friends, eating with friends, sleeping with the comfort of knowing that friends are nearby.
Staying up late, roaming the halls, and seeking adventures in every nook of the dorm.
Late night talks. Soul searching.
Being pampered for being the littlelist on campus.


Gatekeepter

Well its time to begin as the summer sets in
It's the scene you set for new lovers
You play your part painting it a new start
But each gate will open another
June July and August said,
"Its probably hard to plan ahead"
June July and August said,
"Its better to bask in each other"

Gatekeeper seasons wait for your nod
Gatekeeper you held your breath
Made the summer go on and on

Well they tried to stay in from the cold and wind
Making love and making dinner
Only to find that the love the grew in the summer
Froze

February April said
"Don't be fooled by that summer again"
February April said
"That half of the year, we'll never be friends"

Gatekeeper seasons wait for your nod
Gatekeeper you your breath and made winter go on and on
Gatekeeper Gate keeper Gate keeper
Seasons wait for your nod




Freshman year, you will be missed.

2 comments:

Varun Lella said...

*sighs* Oh Miley...

The last time I freaked out
I just kept looking down
I st-st-stutterin
You asked me what Im thinking bout
Felt like I couldn't breath
You asked what's wrong with me
My best friend leslie said
She's just being miley

The next time we hang out
I will redeem myself
My heart can't rest til then
Ooo woah ooo woah ooo
I... I can't wait
To see you again

charles saadeh said...

Incredible post. Yes...freshman year will be missed.

Fact: Amarillo sucks
Happy fact: My job is awesome
Sad fact: My job isnt in New York
True fact: This summer will be a journey...an epic introspection as to how the past 8 months have transformed, molded, defenestrated? my outlook.

Fact: Amarillo still sucks.