9.18.2009

What's Cookin?

I realize practically all the names for my posts are questions. Sorry if it's lame, but it's probably my subliminal way of connecting with the reader. Cheesy, I know.

Update:
I've completed three weeks of classes. Yay me!
I'm picking up more and more German everyday. I can make out some words when listening to public radio, but haven't yet gotten to the point to comprehend the sentences completely. Getting there.
I've experienced the unfortunate closing of the subways at night (they shut down from 1:00 am-ish to 4:00 a.m. ish). Because of that, I've successfully ridden the bus at 1:30 a.m.
Went to a Bauhaus exhibition today. It was quite good, and I want to learn more about it.

My biggest accomplishment thus far though:
Cooking.

I'm not the world's best cook, but when push comes to shove, I attempt to make something.
And right now, I'm being shoved with a lack of monetary funds and homesickness.

This is what I ended up concocting tonight...

Steamed baby bokchoy, penne pasta with basil tomato sauce with some parmesan and oregano, and bean curd soup. Don't get too impressed yet--the soup base came from a package. But still, I feel proud of myself. Creating a little bit of home. I enjoyed a quiet dinner tonight while listening to rbb (German public radio) and their jazz program.

Hopefully there will be more cooking to come, more German to be learned (and butchered), more fun times, more getting lost, getting stranded. More everything.

Prost!

1 comment:

Tiffany Chen said...

It sounds like you're feeling a lot better :)

Good job on the dinner, looks yum :)