7.07.2008

I know my ABCs, part II

L is for love. Ah yes, the dreaded four-letter word that my friends and I always inevitably start talking about when sad/depressed/hopelessly romantic (basically, all the time). However, I would like to speak of L-O-V-E in a different sense right now.
For example, my love for the dance persuasion. My love for drunken dribble. My love for horrible Borat impressions that I left in SoCal (thank goodness for everyone). My love for late-night coffee. My love for Nine Stories. My love for the Hipsters, both in a loathing yet embracing sense. My love for the comfortable spinning and lulling that comes with drinking, when I rest my head and feel thoughts dancing because my body is too tired to do the dancing itself.

M is for Money. Fuck not having money. Worst of all, Fuck having a slight amount of money in the bank and fooling myself into thinking I HAVE money (when I don't). Fuck credit cards and how much a few swipes add up; internships that don't pay; college tuition that is beyond my control; the driving force wedging happiness and satisfaction further and further away.

N is for the things I'm excited about that are New. New York. the New Yorker. New people. New clothes. New blog entries. New friends on facebook. New music. New relationships with People. New scabs. New favorite phrases.

O is for wanting to be Old. True, the grass is always greener on the other side and I'm going to want to be 20 once I hit 27, but for now I don't see much use in being in this lame passover phase. Yeah, college is fun...but the "real world" is funner, in theory. 19 is great, but 22 is greater.

P is for Patience. Wish I had more of it, and I'm starting to respect people who have it (Elly would get this one...)

Q is for the worst letter to have in Scrabbulous.

R is for rambling, because I do so much of it, and people somehow can stand it.

S is for symbolism. Do you not agree that everything is symbolic in nature, one way or another? If one is true to their intentions, everything they do, say, think reflects those desires. Hence symbolic. Hence me reading into everything even though I tell people not to read into everything I do. But that could be symbolic of my personality...you decide.

T is for Tang. For those that don't know, I'm actually supposed to be Jessie Chen. So glad it isn't because I would be even more common on facebook. Tang is way cooler anyways, for the reason that I get cooler nicknames. The appeal probably ends there.

U is for Urban. It wins over Southern hospitality, over the Suburbs, over...the not-Urban.
C'mon, Urban Outfitters. Urban Dictionary. Urban Legends. Only the best things in life are worthy of being Urban.

V is for visceral. A word I love because it sounds great. I want to be more visceral, and I want to be less visceral, all at the same time. Hopefully that makes sense.

W is for Webster Hall. The four-story dances. The Friday-night Amateur Strip Tease. The old creeps that lurk in the dark and take any opportunity they get to flash that priceless, pedophile smile. The trance music that made me take off my shoes and jump around. The discovery that Elly and I have the same taste in guys and are one-in-the-same in too many ways. The boy in stripes. The boy in plaid. The cheap-ass $4 shots drunken from plastic cups I use during Communion (a little blasphemous).

X is for Xtreme. I would like to live life to the Xtreme.

Y is yummy. Yummy $42 lunches. Yummy Asian fusion...I can't get enough of it here. Yummy coffee. Yummy lindor truffles. Yummy is a yummy word. Now say that 10 times fast. Now I feel like having gummy bears.

Z is for the Zoo. Life is a zoo and I'm just peering into each cage, figuring out whether I like the lions or the parrots more.

1 comment:

Varun Lella said...

I tried to leave a post earlier and blogger exploded....


on my face.